The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to launch “AMA Get Out and Ride! Month” for April 2012. Now in its second year, AMA Get Out and Ride! Month encourages motorcyclists everywhere to enjoy the thrill of motorcycling in the dirt and on the street.
“There’s no better way to rekindle America’s ongoing love affair with motorcycling than AMA Get Out and Ride! Month,” said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. “While some motorcyclists enjoy riding in temperate weather year-round, many riders have to wait out the winter, and April is the perfect time to kick off another great riding season.”
- Each week during AMA Get Out and Ride! Month, the AMA will focus on a special motorcycling theme:
- March 31-April 6: “AMA Get Out and Ride Your Way!” week taps into the individualism of motorcycling and highlights solo riding on favorite trails and twisties.
- April 7-13: “AMA Get Out and Ride Together!” week spotlights the fun of riding with others, including AMA clubs and the online motorcycle community (O/MC). During the week, upcoming rallies and smaller local events, from AMA dual-sport and adventure-touring rides to AMA National Conventions and Gypsy Tours will be featured.
- April 14-20: “AMA Get Out and Ride for a Cause!” week celebrates the generosity of motorcyclists and showcases events and activities where motorcyclists use their love of riding to help others less fortunate and champion the motorcycling lifestyle.
- April 21-27: “AMA Get Out and Ride Smart!” week promotes rider training and awareness skills needed to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience on every ride.
New for 2012 is a weekly trivia contest hosted on the AMA Facebook page, where participants will have the opportunity to submit answers to a motorcycle-related trivia question. One winning entrant, whose name will be drawn from the correct submissions each week, will be rewarded with a prize.
Another new feature this year is “Freedom Friday,” a special call-to-action that will be posted on the AMA Facebook page each Friday to alert motorcyclists about important issues that pose a threat to motorcycling freedoms.
While AMA Get Out and Ride! month officially kicks into gear in April, now is the time to prepare. Check out the helpful tips and tools provided on the AMA website at Americanmotorcyclist.com > Riding > Street > Resources.
Stay tuned to www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com/Riding/GetOutAndRide in the coming days for more details about AMA Get Out and Ride! Month.
About the American Motorcyclist Association
Since 1924, the AMA has protected the future of motorcycling and promoted the motorcycle lifestyle. AMA members come from all walks of life, and they navigate many different routes on their journey to the same destination freedom on two wheels. As the world’s largest motorcycling rights organization, the AMA advocates for motorcyclists’ interests in the halls of local, state and federal government, the committees of international governing organizations, and the court of public opinion. Through member clubs, promoters and partners, the AMA sanctions more motorsports competition and motorcycle recreational events than any other organization in the world. AMA members receive money-saving discounts from dozens of well-known suppliers of motorcycle services, gear and apparel, bike rental, transport, hotel stays and more. Through its support of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum, the AMA preserves the heritage of motorcycling for future generations. For more information, please visit AmericanMotorcyclist.com.